Sunday, January 8, 2017

Google Home - Intercom - using HASS (Home Assistant)

Here's an intercom i put together using the following:
Once you have HASS working and can cast to Google Home or any Google cast device you simply need to create an IFTTT applet using maker


Now create an IFTTT applet at https://ifttt.com/


create a New Applet




Choose + this




Choose the Google Assistant service




Choose the phrase with a text ingredient





Enter the desired phrase to kick off the request
and use $ where you want your input.
You may also choose a custom response -- including
the $ if you want the phrase repeated in the response





Now choose + that



Choose the Maker action service 



web request




URL:  This is an externally accessible URL to your HASS instance
Method: POST
Content Type: application/json
Body:  add your device name.. as shown at /dev-state







Click Finish to save you new applet 



If everything went well it should look like the following



Create a additional applets to call other rooms

7 comments:

Unknown said...

I do not have MAKER in my IFTTT. Where can I get it or is there another app to use.

Jizar said...

named changed to maker web request

Nathanael said...

Name changed to Webhooks.
What do I put in the URL?

Unknown said...

I have the same questions about URL, any help?

Unknown said...

Great example. Works for me.

A few things left out for others.

In configuration.yaml you need to set two things: an API password and google tts component.

http:
api_password: [something_you_make_up]
base_url: [your_dynamic_dns_name_or_ip]:8123

tts:
- platform: google

The URL is in his image. You just need to supply your own ip or domain and the API password. I hope this helps.

JTMAG1 said...

Thanks for this post. I've installed HASS, and built an applet in IFTTT. When I issue the command to my home, I get the respond that I've input, but the other device never plays the message. Any troubleshooting suggestions?

BTW, I enabled port forwarded on 8123 to the Windows PC running HASS, and I've successfully tested accessing it from the internet.

Unknown said...

I want to set this up, yet I still don't know where to obtain the "externally accessible URL to your HASS instance".